We’re always looking for talented individuals to join our team. Please read below to understand the job and fill out the form at the end to apply.
We have the absolute privilege of being the stewards of Waikiki Beach. We do not take the position lightly. It is our pleasure to provide expertise and services that create unforgettable experiences for beach-goers.
New beach attendants start at $12/hour + tips. Full-time employees average $500/month in tips.
The pay is higher once the employee is RedCross certified.
Raises are given for every quarter without major incidents reported.
Full-time employees receive 5 days of paid vacation per year after a probationary period.
Besides the pay, employees receive several benefits:
- Free Rental Equipment for Family & Friends. Employees are free to give complimentary rentals (umbrellas, surfboards, paddle boards, etc.) to close friends and family, either while working or on an off day.
- Work on the Beach! You won’t find a better work environment than 50 feet from the ocean in the sand. Our beach stand is right on the sand, under shady umbrellas.
- Discounted Surfboards Prices. Employees get first dibs on any equipment we sell at a discounted rate.
- Ocean Safety Practice & Training. We offer several training programs for ocean safety.
- Customer Service Intensive Training. Build customer service skills at a rapid rate through our high guest load.
- Meet Interesting People. Employees often build lifelong relationships with customers from all over the world.
Our hours of operation are 8:00am-6:00pm, 7 days a week. Employees are expected to arrive to work between 7:30am-7:45am.
We have both part-time and full-time positions.
We offer both full-day (7:45am-6:00pm) and half-day shifts (7:45am-1:00pm, or 1:00pm-6:00pm).
The History of the Waikiki Beach Boys
Join a rich history of beach attendants (traditionally called “Beach Boys”) who’ve been stewards of Waikiki for over 100 years.
This is an entry level position but applicants should be comfortable with three things:
- Physical Labor. The job requires a moderate level of physical labor such as digging holes for and setting up umbrellas, and carrying rental equipment that weighs as much as 40 lbs.
- Customer Service. As beach attendants, it’s our duty to help all beach goers enjoy their time in Waikiki. That means being as kind and helpful as possible.
- Ocean Swimming. Applicants should be able to swim comfortably.
We have the following expectations for all employees:
- Proactive Attitude. Employees are expected to be proactive, optimistic and approach work with a can-do attitude.
- Punctuality. Tardiness is not tolerated. Employees are given a 15 minute grace period to clock in, after that they are marked late, disciplined, and reported.
- Friendly Demeanor. Employees should appear kind and approachable at all times. We are helpful to all beach goers, not just customers.
- Interest in Ocean Recreation. Employees should have some interest in ocean recreational activities such as surfing, paddle boarding, snorkeling, or more.
Soon after starting employment, all employees go through RedCross CPR/AED & Lifesaving certification. Upon completing the training employees receive a pay increase.
In the long-term, we’re passionate about professional development and encourage constant progression. We’re happy to assist with career development in any way we can. Most of our employees have gone on to great careers or continued education.